Monday, March 3, 2008

Can You Say "Down Dog"?

Interesting news.......even though I am a bit overweight and OLD (yes, I'm over...ah hem.... I'm over.... 50) I have been asked to teach a yoga class at my local gym (.5 miles from my house). I am certified through YogaFit to teach yoga but haven't taught a class in several years.

I love teaching gentle yoga stretches (and sometimes NOT so gentle!) as instrumental, Christian music plays in the background. I prefer this music over other types because for me, personally, it is a matter of controlling what I put into my mind. :)

Well, anyway, I spent a few hours on Sunday making these wonderful eye pillows for the people in my class. We will use these when we do our final relaxation.

The eye pillows I make are filled with organic flax seeds and organic lavender buds. (Lavender is known for its therapeutic effects - having the ability to calm and relax the senses and it smells like heaven!)

An eye pillow can be used as is (room temperature) or you can place the pillow into the microwave for 15-20 seconds to heat the oils in the seeds and you have a heated therapy pillow. Feels wonderful!!

If you prefer, you can place the pillow into a plastic bag and then place it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours for a cool and refreshing treat.


Well, I'm off to the gym. I usually like to do 1/2 hour walk on the treadmill while watching the intro to Regis and Kelly!
Bye for now.
xoxoxo
PattyAnne

No comments: