Sunday, March 9, 2008

I started my knitting lessons...

from the kids' book I spoke about yesterday.

Here I've cast on 6 stitches. So far, so good!



This next photo shows my finished bookmark. Boy it sure is crooked. I noticed halfway through the making of this that I had gained an extra stitch. How in the world did I do that??? And how in the world do I get RID of it?? :)



OK, so here's my question....should I make another bookmark or just dive right into making a dishrag??

You know, I sure wish there was someone here who could help me learn how to take out a row of stitches if when I mess up. I've tried but I've had to just rip out the whole darn thing because I don't know how to stick my knitting needle back into the yarn.

Until Next Time -- Happy Knitting!
xoxoxox
PattyAnne

PS. HELP needed from any knitters out there. Do you hold your yarn the way this lady does in this video? The book that I have says to hold the yarn in your right hand not your left.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The bookmark looks great! Don't worry about it being crooked. Everyone's first effort looks that way. ;)

I hold my yarn in my right hand because I'm a righty. But if you can master holding it in your left like the video (continental style), it's faster.

craftymom said...

Not to worry about the bookmark. I think for a first try you did a great job. As you knit along it will become easier. I personally hold my yarn in my right hand or the English method. Which ever method you choose, it's a personal choice. I was shone this method years ago and the book that I used for a re-fresher did the same. I would be happy to help you as much as possible. Please let me know what I can do. Good luck on your knitting, I absolutely love it and I know in a few weeks, you will be knitting circles around us all.
Hugs,
Debi
Craftymom :)