Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Here's what's on my needles :)

A few days ago I took the plunge! I found an "easy" triangle shawl pattern online, went to Hobby Lobby to purchase some yarn and then I cast on!! I knitted and knitted and knitted. I was such a happy little knitter until........

I frogged.

I cast on again.....and knitted and knitted and knitted and....

I frogged again.

This happened FOUR times. You probably remember when this happened to you - when you first learned to knit, right?? If it didn't happen to you, please humor me and pretend. :o)

What's the reason for all my frogging? I don't know how to rip out mistakes! Whenever I noticed a big gaping hole in my knitting or when I ended up with a cylinder-shaped shawl (I must have been holding my circular needles incorrectly), I HAD to rip it, rip it, rip it.

Well, last night I knitted my shawl into a cylinder AGAIN. Sheesh. I so felt a frogging coming on, BUT, I was able to take the row of stitches off one needle and put them back onto the other needle and then start again. OMG.. I was sooo happy. No more dang frogging for me!!!


Here is my WIP (work in progress?). I'm sure there is probably a correct acronym for this but I'm not sure what it is so until I become more knit lingo savvy I will have to call it my WIP.

Happy Froggin' free knitting!
xoxoxo
PattyAnne

No comments: