Sunday, March 9, 2008

Knitting and Banana Bread















Well, I did it.....sorta!! I knitted my second "thing"! :)
I had a bit of trouble doing this but - it is done! Yippee!! Yaaahhooooo!

Ok, now for my questions...... If you notice near the bottom of this 'thing' (actually I'm calling it a washrag), you will see some rows of purl. (Right??) Well, I was supposed to do that off and on throughout the washrag but for some reason it didn't work out. I'm thinking that I forgot how to purl after those initial purl rows. Any ideas from the knitters out there? What did I do????? LOL.

In between knitting (yes, I should have been doing other things but.....) I decided to bake a loaf of banana bread. One of the personal trainers who works at Total Fitness ( a gym near me where I teach a Christian Yoga class) gave me this recipe:

Banana Bread
4 very ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

Mix wet ingredients and sugar in a bowl.
Mix dry ingredients in another bowl and then mix all ingredients together.
Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins.

I altered the recipe a bit by adding a couple of handfuls of walnuts. (They are really healthy for you.) I also had to bake the bread about 10 minutes longer than stated above.
The bread turned out pretty darn good. It does have quite a cinnamon taste to it so if you don't like cinnamon all that well, you can decrease the amount you use.

Thanks for stopping by!
Got a good recipe for banana bread or another HEALTHY bread or food?
Please send them in and I'll add them to my blog!
xoxoxo
PattyAnne

No comments: