Saturday, March 8, 2008

Knitting Needles Here I Come!

My friend, Rose, taught me how to crochet a few years ago. I loved the project that I started but, as I continued crocheting, I messed up BIG TIME and since I didn't know how to fix it - I gave up. Don't know what I mean? Check this out! Isn't the beginning of this afghan loverly? Of course it is.. lol... it's PINK (or Rose-colored)!

Anyway, I was happily crocheting along making my strips for this thing. (The afghan is made from multiple strips sewn together.) The pattern
is from (oh, darn, I forget but I'll look it up if you want it!). Anyway, I got rather excited about the project (I always seem to want to jump the gun!) and I began to sew a few of the strips together - you know... just to get a teeny tiny peek at what my finished product would look like. (I even draped the two strips ( an 8 inch wide afghan) over my bod to check out the cozy factor!)

Well, my troubles began when I sewed the strips together!

Since I was a new crocheter, my stitches were probably really uneven. And, Iwas NEVER exactly sure if I was counting the stitches correctly. Well, I must not have been OR I wouldn't have had this problem. Check out this photo. Ummm..... those ends are supposed to be even and guess what - the other end was WORSE!


OK, so now I'm going to try to KNIT.
I've wised up though. I'm not going to go all out and try to make an afghan this time. I'm going to settle for some dish cloths!! This afternoon I went to our new Hobby Lobby and here's what I bought:


Oh, in addition to the supplies, I also bought the kids' book on how to knit seen in the photo and I found this site (The Knitting Site) online a few minutes ago. I'm gonna watch some videos for more help. :) Hey, if you know of a good video or can offer any advice PLEASE send it on!

xoxoxo
PattyAnne

No comments: