(I've learned several things from this first dyeing attempt.)
- Soak the wool in HOT water to which a splash of white vinegar has been added for about 1 hour prior to dyeing
- Add a splash of vinegar to each of the dye solutions
- When done adding the dye to the wool, wrap it in plastic wrap and place this wrapped wool into a ceramic bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let the wrapped wool cool for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 three or four times.
- Allow wool to cool a bit
- Soak wool in water that is the same temperature as the wool.
- Hang wool to dry.
So here's what I did for "Take Two":
Now, back to yesterday's dye. It didn't turn out at all like I expected although I think it is a nice soft variegated pink.
Until next time. (I'll probably be blogging from Chattanooga again - I'm going to visit my daughter.)