Friday, April 25, 2008

Dyed Bluefaced Leicester (with Wilton Cake Colors) Take ONE

Below you will find the results of yesterday's dyeing.
(I've learned several things from this first dyeing attempt.)
  1. Soak the wool in HOT water to which a splash of white vinegar has been added for about 1 hour prior to dyeing
  2. Add a splash of vinegar to each of the dye solutions
  3. When done adding the dye to the wool, wrap it in plastic wrap and place this wrapped wool into a ceramic bowl.
  4. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
  5. Remove from microwave and let the wrapped wool cool for 2 minutes.
  6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 three or four times.
  7. Allow wool to cool a bit
  8. Soak wool in water that is the same temperature as the wool.
  9. Hang wool to dry.
You won't believe the difference adding the vinegar and heating in the microwave made! Ooh lah lah. ;) I'll show you the finished product soon. Nice colors!

So here's what I did for "Take Two":



Now, back to yesterday's dye. It didn't turn out at all like I expected although I think it is a nice soft variegated pink.



Until next time. (I'll probably be blogging from Chattanooga again - I'm going to visit my daughter.)

xoxoxox
PattyAnne

No comments: