Sunday, January 20, 2008

I love lazy Sundays!

Today was a lazy day for me.:) I just LOVE days like this! Don't you?

I kicked back, relaxed and read some of my current book, "Shopaholic takes Manhattan". What a fun, light book!! I am loving it. The story (near the beginning of the book) of the lilac shoes and the clementine shoes was so funny that I HAD to walk around the kitchen reading it aloud to my husband as he ground the beans for his morning cuppa!! I'm sure he apprciated it ;) Too funny!! I've gotta tell you, though, the chick in the book does remind me of someone I know....no, not me....but someone I know VERY well -- someone who shall remain nameless. ;)

While in this relaxation mode, I also got caught up on listening to some of my favorite podcasts. Here are a few podcasts I listen to (in no particular order). Yes, I hear you.... I AM a nerd.
1. Diva Craft Longe
2. Geek News Central
3. Photoshop User TV
4. Layers TV
5. Fitness Rocks
6. ScrapHappy

Around three this afternoon, David (hubby), Aaron (son) and I went on a hike to a local botanical garden. We had planned on using our time there to click off some photos but it was actually way too cold. Well, I clicked off a few (exactly three!) photos for a digital scrapbook page. (I needed to upload another scrapbook layout page to Lain's get a LOAD of this challenge over at bigpicturescrapbooking.com).

Here's my digi-page:


Well, tomorrow I will be taking my GlueGlide Max gun back to my local scrapping store.
Wish me luck. Actually, they (Dana and Carmen) are WONDERFUL. I am sure that I will not have a problem returning the 'sorry' tool.

OH, I almost forgot! I promised a recipe post this time. This dish was REALLY delicious. (I got it from Becky Higgins' website). Here it is:

GARLIC CHICKEN FARFALLE

16 oz. Farfalle pasta
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
1 Tbsp. pepper*
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, crumpled**
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice

*Seems like a lot of pepper, but it has a wonderful flavor when everything mixes together. If you're apprehensive, do less pepper. You can always add more.

**We like to cook our bacon in the oven (400 degrees, convection). Way less messy. And it's crispy every time. Time varies, so you just have to watch it. I think it's usually around 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then crumble,

[ directions ]

Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart). Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.


Ok gotta run!!
xoxoxo
PattyAnne

No comments: