Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yet another scarf done on Cricket Loom

The colors of this are a bit different in person... the reddish brown color is actually a light tan.

At first I HATED the way this scarf was turning out... I mean the plaid reminds me of a pant suit I had back in the early 70's. I was stylin' then ;) but I'm not so sure this plaid is stylin' now LOLLOL.

Well, as the weaving progressed I liked it more and more.... maybe my eyes were just getting used to it. BTW, hub said it looked like something his GRANDPA woulda worn. Thanks, hub.

Anyway, as time went on I thought...hmmmm...this scarf would look great with a brown turtle neck and blue jeans. Yep, it really would!! I hope the colors come through well enough that you can 'see' how that would 'work'. :)

Once again for this experiment, I've used cheap Hobby Lobby yarn.
8 dent heddle
Scarf width prior to weaving 6"
Scarf length prior to weaving 72"
This scarf from warp to finished product took less than 4 hours.


No comments: