Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm eating high on the hog today! ;)

Yep, it's true. Today I picked my first EVER vegetable that I grew MYSELF! It is a Japanese eggplant and it is YUMMY!!

I'm pretty pumped up LOL.

For those of you who have not read my blog for any length of time, I am a 'city-slicker' wannabee farmer. In the spring I posted a picture of my garden (yep, small 4' x 4' garden) and dontchaknow, someone in MAINE (I'm in SC) kindly said.. um.. PattyAnne, I think you may have your tomato cages on upside-down. Talk about feeling D.U.M.B.

Well, i corrected the dang cages and the tomatoes are doing well (none quite ready yet though). BUT, this little eggplant was ripe for pickin! Wish I had taken a picture of him BEFORE I sliced him up and threw him in the WOK.

Oh well... with out further adieu, here 'he' is!

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Congrats on the eggplant! My tomatoes are starting to get ripe so my hubby can eat his tomato sandwiches!