Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Square Foot Gardening


I read about SFG on a Rav post and decided to give it a try! You won't believe all the stuff I have planted in this four foot by four foot garden!!
Banana Peppers - hot and sweet
Bell Peppers
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Zuchinni
Some other squash LOL
Watermelon
(I hear you laughing!! But honestly people say they DO plant watermelon in a garden like this. I noticed I did do something wrong though... I should have allocated two 12" squares for the watermelon. OH well, I can pull out the marigolds when the time comes.)

So anyhooooo, I put a picture of my garden up on Rav and someone in Maine (I'm in SC) SWEETLY said, "Ummm PattyAnne. I THINK your tomato cage is upside-down or did you do that for a reason?"

Well, I fibbed just a tad on Rav and said that it must have been because I was exhausted LOL. In reality... I thought it went that way although I was surprised there wasn't a nice way to keep that round hoop anchored in the ground at the base of the 'tom' plant.

Well, thanks to the Rav group, I now have 'proper' cages on my plants. The photo, however, still shows my lack of gardening 'know how'. Hey, what can I say? I'm a city-slicker gardening wannabe and this is my FIRST ever garden! LOLLOL.

Wish me luck! I hope I get some good eats outta this garden! :)

No comments: