Monday, June 8, 2009

Some of my friends needed some help learning to spin... sooo...

I made a spinning DVD!!! CLICK HERE to go to my ETSY shop!


I've been having a blast recording the video - getting my teaching 'fix'. Hmmmm I guess you can take the teacher (me) outta the Middle School but you can't take the Middle School TEACHER outta me --- or something like that LOL. And, yes, I am a former middle school teacher!

Anyhooo, if you're new to spinning, this video could be just what you need to help you get started!! I know when I was new, I did searches all the time for YouTube spinning videos. I just couldn't get enough of them!! Well, this new DVD of mine has a bunch of really cool teachings all in one spot.

Here's what's on the SIX part Beginner Spinner DVD:

1. Let's Get This Party Started (Setting up)

2. C'mon Baby, Let's Do the Twist (We'll explore twist "S" and "Z". We'll also discuss too much and/or too little twist and simple adjustments you can make so that your twist is -- just right!)

3. Eenie Meenie Minee Moe - Fiber Prep (Combing locks, carding/rolling rolags, and using a diz to create rovings. Also blending colors with handcards and spinning from handcards!)

4. Spinning Wheel - Got to Go 'Round (Woolen and worsted preps.)

5. Plying Yarn and Finishing Yarn (Palm plying, plying from a center pull ball, plying from two bobbins in buckets and plying from a lazy kate.)

6. Novelty Yarns

Hope you like it! :)

Want the rest of the videos in the series? Click HERE!

PLEASE send me your feedback... as comments. If you don't want your comment posted just let me know!!

I got this comment on Ravelry:

PattyAnne, this is BRILLIANT!!! perfectly clear, lovely to watch, thank you so much for doing this. The new camera angle works just so well, and I learned several new things just in the space of that one brief video! thank you so much for doing this.

I love your reassuring tone, too – every time you say, oh that’s fine, that’s okay, it’s so good to hear! because as a beginner there’s that feeling that it’s important to get everything right,immediately, hah. As if that were possible without a lot of practice.



Thank you, thank you!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Will you be having more beginning spinning classes at your farm?

retrotabs said...

Thank you so much for this video!! I can't wait to get started:)