Monday, August 31, 2009

Double Knitting and a GREAT Movie

This past weekend my friend, Robbie, and I went to see a movie. I can't remember the last time I went to the theater and enjoyed a movie as much as I did this one AND I wasn't the only one enjoying it!! Folks in the nearly packed theater were laughing and clapping throughout the show.

The Movie: Julie and Julia

The Plot: Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.

One line made me really laugh during the show -- not only was the line funny but I loved the delivery of it. Anyway, the line was spoken by "Julia Child". She says, "If no one's in the kitchen, who's to see?"

Yeah, you're right...the line really isn't funny unless you see/hear it in context! ;)




This weekend I also learned a new knitting technique. I'm not really a fan of SunBonnet Sue (the pattern used for learning the technique) BUT I am a fan of this double knitting!! Lots of fun and turns out a really cool double-sided design.
You can get the free pattern HERE.

Here is a video I made showing how to cast on and get started on the potholder. Some of the video may be cut off here so you may want to click HERE to see the larger version.

No comments: